Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day three.

I've been working out for three days in a row now and I have to tell you it hurts like hell. I've forgotten just how painful working to lose weight and create muscle actually is. There is good reason for this. When you work out to gain muscle, you don't actually strain the muscle to make it stronger...you tear it. As you lift weights you create tiny little tears in the muscle that as they heal build itself back up. This is why your muscles can be incredibly sore the next day. However, if you are working out and and feel a tear that causes immediate intense pain, please, get help, that's a little too much tearing.

So far I've been averaging 2.22 miles on the elliptical machine, which is good. Previously my average mileage was 0.00 miles a day. That's kinda how I got into this whole mess in the first place. I can safely say that I'm already feeling effects. The first day of the elliptical I thought I was going to die. Not a sense of doom, but a feeling of the heart saying "screw you, I'm out," lungs burning, thighs aching and that metal taste in your mouth after you've pushed yourself while running. However, today I felt pretty good. While I was sweating the same, I didn't feel like I was about to keel over. I take this as a good sign.

Tomorrow I have a free personal training session which I believe is to last an hour. More on that later.

2 comments:

  1. "Screw you, I'm out," LOL...

    But seriously, good for you Luke. I'm really impressed at your initiative, and am starting to feel bad that I'm not running/lifting. I'm planning to buy some new training shoes this week, if all goes well.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing the best I can. I figure I have to go everyday or else taking every third day off would become every other day off and then be going one time a week and then only going every two weeks or something like that. Even though I only update like three times a week, I still go everyday.

    ReplyDelete