Friday, July 9, 2010

Day one. Again.

Two posts in one day. An anomaly, I assure you. Anyway, the previous post was from a time past mid-night making it today. This post is about the first work out.

Today I went to the Anytime Fitness that is where I plan on working out for the next few month/years. Yesterday I went there just to look around and get a feel for the place and walked away with a membership. Oh, and a free pen. The free pen was key. Since I signed up for the gym, I decided to go down there today and try it out. Other than the couple of times I worked out at the gym at my college, this was the first time doing a serious workout since high school. This gym had much more advanced equipment than that of my high school, which made it easier to use to work out because I didn't have to use only free weights.

I started off with using an elliptical machine. Though out the course of the day I ended up going a total of four miles on it totaling an hour and six minutes. In case you don't know, an elliptical machine simulates running on sand more or less. This causes less stress for the knees (which I need due to a football injury) and is an overall good way to burn calories.

After using the elliptical for 33 minutes, 28 workout and 5 cool down, I turned my focus to the weight machines. Back when I was in high school it was always stressed to do a day on and a day off. This meant that one day I would do upper body and the next day I would do lower body. This gives the upper body a day to be sore and heal while still working out a different muscle group. This, obviously, works both ways. So since this worked well last time, I decided to continue with this method.

I worked my upper body, pushing myself, which I know I'll pay for tomorrow when I wake up.


For comparison in the future, here is a picture of me as a before shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment