Monday, July 12, 2010

Day four or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the pain.

The first training session went amazingly well! I learned a little more about what exactly I should do to reach my goal in a way that won't kill me. My favorite part was when the trainer said that diets tend not to work because you aren't doing what is natural for your body. He stressed to eat healthier and to more or less just stay away from the things that are clearly fatty. For example, a Double Whopper with extra cheese or a Bic Mac. This will not be too difficult for me seeing as I tend not to eat a lot of fast food or candy. My problem is that even though I may be eating something healthy, I'll eat about 2-3 or even sometimes 4 times the amount I should be eating.

Anyway, back to the trainer. He seems like a nice guy and not a trainer that is more or less a drill instructor or someone who will be easy to push over and be able to cheat myself out of a workout. Hopefully, with his help at one time a week (all I can afford) he'll keep me in check as well as provide sheets of what I should be doing when I come to work out on days that are not my scheduled time. He will also help me by keeping track of how I'm progressing as the weeks go on. While the trainer is somewhat expensive, hence only being able to use home once a week, at least I will be getting my monies worth with all that he provides. All in all, I think having the trainer would be a great help in me reaching my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment