Friday, July 16, 2010

Day eight. (Dreaming of a double cheeseburger, extra cheese)

Today I got up somewhat early so I could get my workout done early. This is due to the fact that a friend is coming to visit and it would be irritating for them if The Lovely Fiancee and I were at the gym around the time when they show up. Unfortunately, since I was in a rush to get out the door I forgot to eat something to get my metabolism started. I made a note to myself to get food as soon as I got home.

The workout plan for me today was a quick heart pumping workout on a stair climberesque machine to quickly get my heart rate up. Immediately after I got my heart rate up for the amount of time I wanted I jumped off and went to lift weights. I lifted weights for upper body and lower body today and found that I can do 360LBS on the leg press. Not as good as I used to be able to do back in high school when I still played football. But more than I though I would be able to do. Carrying all this extra weight though out the past few years has kept my leg muscles strong. I went quickly between machines doing 3 sets of 10 constantly keeping my heart rate up. After I was done lifting I jumped onto the elliptical machine for 12 minutes to finish out my workout.

By the time I got home I was exhausted. I drank some water and took out the Corgi reheated some leftovers from last night and proceeded to sit for a bit to regain some energy. Tonight will hopefully bring tasty stir fry food and the movie Inception. See you Monday, have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing Inception tonight...was it any good? I love Leo and Ellen :D

    Also, keep up the good work!!

    --Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! We ended up not seeing Inception in order to save some money and watched a movie at home instead. But from what I hear from friends, it's a great movie. I'm hoping that next weekend we'll be able to go see it.

    ReplyDelete