Monday, July 19, 2010

Day eleven. (Hardee's now has a footlong cheeseburger!)

Sorry that this is being posted so late!

The Lovely Fiancee and I have decided that Sunday will be a day of rest from now on. This is a good idea because now I can workout and do cardio and lifting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and not mess up my rotation. So not only will I be updating here on those days, I'll also be doing an intense workout with cario and lifting. It also seems that Wednesday is also going to be the personal trainer day.

In other news I appear to be losing weight. I know that in the first post I said I was 300 pounds. Well, when I went to the gym and used the scale there it said 302. However, when I weighed myself today I was at around 298. A loss of about 4 pounds in about a week and a half.....this pleases me greatly. I hope to keep it up. Eating right and going to the gym as well as listening to the trainer has really helped and I'm starting to feel better. I've pretty much stopped going to fast food places. At least for the past month or so I haven't been to one. My snacks are no longer fattening or unhealthy items like cookies. Instead they have been replaced with yogurt or a piece of fruit. And the food I make tends to be filled with flavor caused by spices or food combinations and not fat or grease.

I'm also doing really well at the whole eating in the morning thing. I'm also not eating huge huge meals and am instead having smaller meals supplemented with health snacks. Any sodas I drink are now diet (hey, let me have this one, at least I'm not downing chocolate with fruit and claiming it to be healthier than regular chocolate because of the fruit part). I did not realize that regular sodas had so many calories. I'd rather drink something that has 0-3 calories in it than 150-180 in it per can. And while I still drink soda (diet...we've been over this) I'm not really craving sweet things. I don't drool over Snickers ads on tv or get a dreamy look in my eye when a Dairy Queen commercial comes on. I feel that after a week in a half this is a good sign. While this may not last, I'm still glad that I have no sugary cravings. Meat on the other hand....oh boy. It's probably good that I cut back on the red meat anyway.

Recently my mom sent me a cherry pitter that I was having trouble finding. This now mean that I can have fresh cherries, maybe with a small scoop of ice cream, without looking like I just left a murder scene due to pitting them myself with a knife.

Maybe tomorrow I'll pick up some cherries. They do sound tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment