Friday, July 23, 2010

Day fifteen. (In which I reveal that I am a nerd)

Today me and The Lovely Fiancee finally got the training session we have been trying to get all week! It hurt. But that's to be expected. We did circuit training for a full hour and by the end of it all I was pretty much one mass of sweat being held together by clothing only. This was also partially due to having the heat index today being the hottest day of the year at roughly 103 degrees. Fortunately, I was somewhat prepared for this by growing up mostly in Virginia, where not only is it constantly in the 90's to 100's rang in heat in the summer, but it also is amazingly humid. You want hell? Try football from 6AM until 6-7PM on days like that in Virginia in full pads. That's hell.

Regardless, it was a great workout. Circuit workouts are the best way to go, in my opinion. What these entail, basically, is work hard, get your heart rate up and never let it go down. This help burn calories/fat much faster while building muscle. But as I have gone over this before, I shall stop there.

Today was also a picnic that The Lovely Fiancee had with her work place. Mandatory Fun as she/her co-workers called it, as they had to be there no matter what. I got to meet a lot of people and and had lots of fun.

Tonight, I believe, is a bar night. Though this is different than usual. Normally, I'll go out with friends to go drinking, however this time is for trivia. Not normal trivia, mind you, but comic book trivia. And thus, my geekdom/nerdness is revealed. Tonight is "Heroes," tomorrow is "villians," and next Friday is "Comic book movies." Have a good weekend everyone, see you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment