Friday, July 9, 2010

Day one.

I'm fat. Just putting that out there. I'm not one of those people who look in the mirror and think "I could stand to lose a couple of pounds." No. I'm 300 pounds. I past overweight years ago back around the time I was applying to colleges.

I used to play football back in High School. Those were the days when I was working out everyday, if not on the field, than in the gym. And because of the constant workouts, I was constantly hungry, so I ate accordingly. I got to the point where at my peak, I could bench press about 250 pounds. However, I stopped playing. This meant that while I was no longer playing football and constantly burning massive amounts of calories in doing so, I had not stopped eating the same way. This is part of what lead to me to gain so much weight.

But this is while I was still at home eating good meals that were prepared for me. Meals that were nutritious and balanced. However, I went off to college. With college came the cafeteria. This was not a college where there were many options of food. I went to a small liberal mid-west college that had one dining hall that was done in a buffet style. Even the healthy options really weren't the best. This was mostly due to the fact that food had to be made in large quantities so the best ingredients were not always used in favor of cheaper ingredients that could be bought in large quantities. Due to my new found freedom of all-you-can-eat dining, I quickly gained even more weight. Over all, I gained about 70 pounds, while at the same time I was losing muscle as a result of not continuing my workout as I had while I still played football.

While this is more or less the condensed version of how I got to this point, the idea behind this blog is that this is where I will keep myself on track in losing fat and gaining back muscle. My ultimate goal is to lose about 100 pounds though doing so could take years, if I ever even reach my goal.

I will be honest with what I do and chronicle my journey of losing weight. I'm pushing for updating Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. But as I go I may update more or less. So here I go, time to lose some weight.

Starting weight: 300lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment